Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pleur-O-Vac


My pal, J., made my vision reality.. Last week I mentioned that pleurovac should be Pleur-O-Vac in gold fifties letters and - voila! - here it is!

So, my next rotation is Labor and Delivery: woo hoo! I'm so excited. Now I need to find some time this week to relax and enjoy my spring break. We just got back from a trip to the snow w/ the kids which was lovely, but now I'm sitting in this House O' Disaster (I'm afraid to put that into a font/ decade imagining!). Books from studying still open, notes scattered around, suitcases and backpacks strewn here and there creating an obstacle course from the front of the house to the back of the house. Every surface = sticky. Every bookshelf = books stacked this way and now that way interspersed w/ broken toy parts, dust, bottles of sunscreen, hair ties and paper clips (and I'm just describing one shelf here people).

So, when I was in labor w/ my kids I had to remember to try to relax and be calm in the moments between contractions. Those moments, for me, were pain free and (if I blurred my eyes a little) I didn't notice the chaos of the people in the room and the monitors and the fluorescent lights and tile floors. And, for me, those moments only lasted a very small amount of time because both my labors were super-fast. Spring break is short here. Just a few days left. I need to blur my eyes and find a way to relax amidst the chaos and between the test of my strength/will/ spirit that these quarters this second year of nursing school have turned out to be.

A baking project perhaps.....

No comments: